The USDA TARGET Center provides ergo assessments to USDA employees nationwide. This service is provided in-person for local Washington, D.C. area employees. Employees in all other USDA locations are eligible for distance ergo assessments.
Typical Ergo Evaluation
During a typical ergo evaluation, a TARGET staff member will:
- Evaluate the individual’s current workstation setup.
- Recommend adjustments to better fit the workstation to the individual.
- Suggest possible alternative solutions for the keyboard, mouse, or chair.
- Set up an evaluation loan of ergonomic equipment, if necessary.
- Provide vendor information for solutions recommended by TARGET.
- Prepare a written report of our findings.