Learn about communication barriers and the importance of accessible communications in the workplace. This training will provide USDA employees with effective communication strategies, methods to become acquainted with employees with disabilities, and awareness of the USDA TARGET Center’s services for future training, evaluation, and equipment requests.
• Define the TARGET Center Programs.
• Discover the pathway to resources in the Accessible Communications Program.
• Identify the correlation between the One USDA Initiative and Accessible Communication.
• Discuss the factors that affect communication barriers.
• Identify the importance of removing communication barriers.
• Analyze the communicative functions and effective communications.
• Recognize communication barriers within the workplace.
• Create solutions to remove communication barriers.
• Identify the alternatives forms of communication for individuals with disabilities.
• Utilize appropriate disability-related terms.
Register for one session only. See the Eventbrite link below to register and for more information. Once registered you will receive the necessary information to attend online.